Bought a rail but need a good gas block? Like fiddling around with your gas hole? Look no further! Weighing in at 1.8oz, this .936 gas block is fully adjustable via a screw in the front and lockable via a screw in the side. This block is attached to your barrel by compression which is attained by tightening the three screws on the bottom. It is suggested that a REMOVABLE thread locker of your choice be used on the screws.
Shipping included in the price as always!
Quick Spec Sheet
-Black oxide finish
Posted by Ryan C on 2nd Aug 2017
I gave this product 5 stars. But it's not without its compromises.
Let's start with the good:
- Nice finish. I don't know what they used, but it's a lot better-looking than the typical phosphate
- Properly machined. No burs or troublingly sharp edges. It's a tight fit (as it should be) on my 6.5 Creedmoor bull barrel
- Good gas adjustment system. Set the amount of gas with the front screw, then lock it with the side screw
- Clamp-on! This is the best style of gas block out there. Three screws provides a lot of redundancy and are a lot less likely to shake loose than the set-screw designs.
The bad (and this is mostly petty grievances):
- You have to have three different sizes of Allen wrench to tighten and adjust this block - that's one for the clamp, one for the gas adjustment, one for the lock. It would be nice to have an Allen wrench included to tune the gas and lock it; something small enough to keep in a typical AR grip.
The above is a small gripe. The product still merits 5 stars, regardless.